Pouring on the protein: An incredible egg recipe for champions
Former physical educator Roger Wolfson has helped people over the years achieve peak health. He does this mainly by imparting his vast knowledge of fitness, wellness, nutrition, exercise, and ideal diets. He has taught physical education and proper nutrition in schools and trained countless individuals through personal training, held seminars and workshops in many esteemed institutions, and earned several certifications in both physical fitness and nutrition.
In the past few months, Roger Wolfson has released a series of blogs that tackles both fitness and nutrition to help people everywhere stay healthy and fit even during a global health crisis.
For this blog, Roger Wolfson shares one of the most mouthwatering healthy dishes he has come across on the internet – Pork Chops with Basil Butter and Egg. The recipe comes from IncredibleEgg.org and is good enough to make six servings.
Below are the ingredients.
|1/2 cup||butter + 2 Tbsp.|
|1 bunch||fresh basil|
|1 bunch||fresh thyme|
|1/2 tsp.||garlic powder|
|1/4 tsp.||salt & pepper|
|5 Tbsp.||olive oil|
|1 1/2 lb.||brussels sprouts washed and halved|
Roger Wolfson lists the instructions below.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- To ready the batter, mix the half-cup of butter in a mixer.
- Add basil, thyme, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and cover it with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour two tablespoons of olive oil in an iron skillet over medium heat
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Cook the pork chops in the skillet in olive oil until both sides of the chops are golden brown, which should take about 8 to 10 minutes. Mix in the thyme, two tablespoons of basil butter and two tablespoons of unsalted butter, and spoon the melted butter liquid over the chops.
- Flip the pork chops to avoid burning.
- Prepare the brussels sprouts on a baking sheet with foil. Add three tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and start baking at 400 degrees F. This should take between 15 to 25 minutes.
- Prepare the eggs according to preference.
- Once the pork chops are cooked, lather each chop with a tablespoon of basil butter, and set the egg on top of each, with brussels sprouts on the side.
- Enjoy the meal!